Friday, February 03, 2006

Origami^4

I found out from going to Lang's website that the next conference on Origami, Science, Mathematics, and Education will be coming up this September. I did not see this advertised anywhere else, though it is listed in OrigamiUSA's calendar of events. I suppose it's a close knit community and all those likely to be speakers were well aware of this date for a while now. Someday I'd love to find a connection between origami and string theory. It seems like every other branch of math is being used in theoretical physics, even knot theory! Someday perhaps.

http://langorigami.com/science/4osme/4osme.php4

2 Comments:

Blogger Boaz said...

You're quite wrong... Announcements for 4OSME have not started yet (or, to be more precise, are just starting).

So don't be discouraged. 4OSME is going to be lots of fun.

1:37 AM  
Blogger Mike Assis said...

Thanks for the correction. I guess I got a hold of the info a little early. I can't wait till it comes.

12:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home